Most multivitamins are preparations that are formulated to cater to the needs of the customers. Multivitamins may come in the form of capsules, tablets, soft gels, powder or liquid (injectable preparations) and are produced for prenatal care, babies/very young children, young adults, men, women, those over 50 years and above, stress, diabetic and similar medical conditions. The common consumption of multivitamins is usually once or twice daily, although there are some that are labelled for consumption as many as 3 to 7 times a day. Most multivitamin supplements can be bought over the counter, but there are some that are medically prescribed such as the injectable kind and others that combine with medicines for those with medical conditions.
Multivitamins are good supplements to the daily diet. If one is lacking in eating fresh fruits, vegetables and grains, then taking the multivitamins to replenish the lack of these foods is recommended. Pregnant women and the elderly may have different nutritional needs and these may be complemented by multivitamins prescribed by their doctors. Multivitamins have good uses in maintaining a healthy life style, though they may not be permanent replacements for healthy eating habits and healthy diets, multivitamins may still be considered as helpful healthy supplements.
The conventional belief has been that a proper and healthy diet suffices for nutrition in a person especially when one consumes a proper diet, there is no need to go for dietary supplements but as per medical researches, most of the diets are lagging in one or the other supplements, and correspondingly may fail to provide comprehensive everyday nutrition for our bodies. A multivitamin and mineral supplement can make up for the dietary deficiencies, and ensure an enhanced everyday health and wellbeing for the family. For example, many of the diets are lacking in Vitamin C or Vitamin D, making multivitamin supplement a necessity. In general, an average adult would require around 600 iu’s of vitamin D in his daily diet. Along with that, one must also consume 200-300 mg of Vitamin C a day. To fight cold and flu-like symptoms, one must have up to 1 to 3 gms of Vitamin C which is readily from taking multivitamin supplement to make up for the deficiency of vitamin C and D in one’s diets, and ensure a much improved overall health and well-being.
Some people tend to fall ill, and frequently so because of petty infections like cold, cough or flu. Our bodies are vulnerable towards falling sick, and the underlying reason for the illness could be the external environment, our diets, stress, or maybe even an external factor like pollution. ln scenario of often illness, taking a food supplement, maybe something like a multivitamin with minerals can go a long way towards ensuring an improved everyday health and wellbeing for the family. A multivitamin supplement would boost one’s immunity, and that would ensure that one falls sick less often. And if at one does fall sick, with a multivitamin supplement, one can ensure a quicker recovery.
Some of the best multivitamins are;
A child’s multivitamins
These types of multivitamins are prepared to serve the needs of babies who are growing. They play a crucial role in helping children who lack balanced diet or simpty selective eaters. A child’s multivitamin should include enough amounts of
The importance of this type of multivitamin forms an integral part of the woman’s body. lt helps in neutralizing the movements of the free radicals within the woman’s body. These free radicals basically destroy and ultimately disturb configurations of vital body cells e.g. the cell membrane. Antioxidants help bind notorious contaminants hence eliminating harmfulness in them.
Forms part of the elemental growth of the central nervous system and is viewed as the nutrient used making the RNA and DNA which are building base of cells. Folate is also known to avert any changes on DNA hence help arrest cancer. The problem of closing down of spine imperfectly is checked.
It joins the list of essential multivitamins normally referred to as pyridoxine whose role is to help in metabolism and set the ball rolling for perfect brain performance. It is deficiency welcomes anemia and greater usage can be poisonous.
A multivitamin enhances one’s immunity, to ensure that one falls sick less often. If at all one does fall sick, a multivitamin would work towards ensuring that the progress of disease is slowed down. So the ailment causes minimum damage for someone who may be sick. Similarly, a multivitamin would work towards reversing the damage which may have occurred as one fell sick and that works towards ensuring that if one is unwell, the recovery process too is quicker. With a disease free body, higher fitness levels also come naturally, making a multivitamin and mineral supplement a fine pick as a part of the everyday diet. As an example, if one’s daily diet has less than 1600 calories, with a multivitamin and mineral supplement, one can ensure a better health and wellbeing. In our bodies, a host of vitamins are required to make sure that the metabolic processes work efficiently. Similarly, going for a multivitamin supplement can work wonders if one is suffering from any allergies. A simple MV supplement prevents occurrence of allergies, and also speeds up healing of allergic reactions.
Multivitamins helps effectively in recovering from an injury because a multivitamin supplement accentuates the healing of injuries to a great extent. lf a child has a bad diet or irregular eating habits, a multivitamin supplement can work very well for him. ln particular, a multivitamin supplement can be very effective if the child has a diet which contains little or no dairy products.
A multivitamin can be very useful if one is suffering from a condition of the liver, gall bladder, intestine or pancreas.
Multivitamin supplements work by:
- Boosting energy levels
- Enhancing immunity
- Fighting against normal infections
- Heightening focus
- Providing us with the recommended daily dosage of calcium to make sure that we maintain strong and healthy bones.
- Enabling proper functioning of the cardiovascular system
Some other benefits include the following:
If one does physical exercise, one will need to ensure one is consuming plenty of vitamins because physical exercise can compromise the immune system and leave one more receive the nutrients needed to maintain a healthy immune system which has benefits for both our physical and mental wellbeing.
ALTERNATIVES TO MULTIVITAMINS
A natural multivitamin is unlike the characteristic artificial multivitamin. Natural multivitamin is found in one of the following setups:
- Complete Foods Multivitamin consist predominantly of fruit and berry fine particles and/or abstracts.
- High Power Multivitamin with high power B complex, Vitamin C, Beta Carotene, etc.
- Biological Multivitamin with UDSA biological phytonutrients.
- Multi-Nutritional Multivitamin could have any of the above setups but at the same time providing a complete result for the immune system, vigor, women’s health, men’s health, etc.
There are some natural multivitamins that combine all the above formats. Enhancements for females normally consist of hormone harmonizing aromatic plants and constituents, wherein males have prostrate sustenance and so on. Natural multivitamins are made from the following:
- Powders: dry fruits, plants, or vegetables pulverized into a fine powder and either taken in the form or capsules, pills, or fine particles (beverages, smooth characters, etc.)
- Abstracts: these are vegetation’s reducing the powder down to more of the energetic constituents so it is more intense.
- Natural Constituents: Constituents which can be biological or lifeless, which can be collected, treated, and used naturblly due to the fact that they offer unbelievable micro-nutritional values and many naturally happening vitamins, reserves, amino acids, enzymes, omega 3, etc.
The following main features can be considered while choosing a natural multivitamin such as:
- Pureness: All enhancements claim to be pure but very few are found to be actually offering it. This means that its constituent is treated appropriately and tested to be toxic free, PCB’s, etc.
- Power: This would have the real amount of the energetic element in terms of strength and quantity.
- Effectiveness: This is the method how the human figure essentially uses and integrates the micro-nutritional standards of natural multivitamins. lt is difficult to foresee the effectiveness of a natural multivitamin, unless it has either survived the experiment of time and use, or experimental tracks. These formulas will only utilize natural m u ltivitamins with more effectiveness.
- Origin: The origin of natural component matters, mostly due to the fact that some parts in the world deliver advanced absorptions of the active component in a natural element versus additional places.