Testosterone is the principal male sex hormone. It is the single most important factor that regulates sex drive and erections along with the production of sperm. Good quality testosterone supplements also help stimulate HGH levels in the body. Testosterone supplements or pills can elevate testosterone levels in the body. Natural testosterone pills are a perfect blend of herbs and other ingredients that make the body produce more testosterone, helps to fight and combat age effects. Some of the ingredients used in such supplements include tribulus terrestris, tongat ali or long jack, ginseng, ginkgo biloba, muira pauma, l-arginine, acai berry, DHEA etc. Testosterone supplements benefits include stronger bones, greater stamina and energy levels. Few benefits are explained below:
- Changed body composition: Increased testosterone muscle not only help pack in more lean muscle but also help lower body fat. Testosterone is a hormone that has fat burning ability and reduced testosterone results in increased body fat and weight gain’ By increasing testosterone levels, such supplements ensure faster fat burning so that one can lose weight.
- Improved libido, Harder erections: Testosterone is the hormone that controls libido and erectile function in men. Natural supplements not only boost libido but also helps in getting harder and longer lasting erections that might have been missing for quite some time. Not only this, certain ingredients like ginkgo biloba, ginseng and l-arginine help boost blood flow to the penis which is great for sexual desire and erections.
- Improved mood and sleep quality: Most men experience mood swings, depression and irritable behavior due to a drop in their testosterone levels. Such supplements can help elevate mood by increasing testosterone production in the body. Not only this, they also help improve your sleep quality. Adequate and peaceful sleep is important to keep stress at a low level. This also helps improve libido in men.
Such supplements have become a huge hit with men since they do not have any side effects. Such pills are a great alternative to testosterone injections. These pills can help in losing weight by speeding up metabolism, gaining lean muscle, boosting libido, ensure rock solid and longer lasting erections, strengthening bones, improving mood and sleep quality etc.
BEST TESTOSTERONE SUPPLEMENTS
In healthy men, the normal testosterone levels, known as T levels are between 270 ng/dl and 1,070 ng/dL. If one’s body does not produce the normal amount, then the person has a condition of a low testosterone. Andropause is common for men having most common symptoms and signs to include sexual dysfunction, decreased energy, reduced sex drive, loss of body hair, reduced muscle mass, depressed mood and body fat increasing. From boosting strength to sperm production, this hormone is very important for the overall health. Thus, increasing the levels with the best testosterone supplements will slow down the physical decline.
The primary mission for every bodybuilder is to increase his testosterone levels. There are two types of testosterone effects: anabolic (accelerated growth of red blood cells, muscle and bone); and androgenic (changes in voice pitch and sex organs, increased body and face hair and various physiological effects tike aggressiveness). Low testosterone levels can cause low libido, loss of muscle mass, erectile dysfunction, infertility and decreased bone density in men, while hot flashes, irritability and trouble sleeping are common symptoms for women. Low testosterone levels can be increased by taking testosterone supplements.
Testosterone does plenty of positive impacts for a person’s brain, heart and reproductive system. Low testosterone is not just an embarrassment or an inconvenience, since it might cause serious concerns related to the overall health. According to many studies, men who suffer from low testosterone are more likely to have issues with obesity, hypertension and diabetes than those with normal t levels. Testosterone supplements have different uses. For example, the younger population uses them to increase the physical endurance and build muscle, while the older population uses supplements as a mood elevator and to help with problems like erectile dysfunction. The best testosterone supplements are those which are 100% natural and completely free from synthetic compounds, that will raise one’s blood testosterone levels without side effects.
Most men experience a plunge in their libido or sex drive as they get older. This is largely a result of a slowdown in the production of testosterone. Testosterone production begins waning off with age at about 1% after a year after 30. Besides low libido and erectile dysfunction, other effects of low testosterone include depression, mood swings, loss of lean muscle, increased body fat. Testosterone supplements help boost the level of testosterone in the body but the best testosterone supplement is one that is 100% natural and free of any synthetic compounds. Some of the herbs that are used to formulate supplements include Tribulus Terrestris, long jack, panax ginseng, ginkgo biloba bark extract, acai berry, chaste berry, Swedish flower pollen etc.
Tribulus Terrestris and Long jack are proven testosterone boosting herbs. L-arginine is an amino acid that not only increases testosterone production in the body but also helps stimulate growth hormone. This makes such a supplement a great anti-aging resource. Increased HGH level helps the body fight and combat age effects. It does not only help one in boosting libido but also helps in increasing the energy levels. It also helps increase lean muscle and reduce excess body fat. Such a supplement also helps elevate mood and improve sleep quality. Improved sleep quality has a positive impact in the production of both HGH and testosterone in the body. It also help increase one’s mental alertness. Top notch supplements are clinically approved and do not have any side effects.
NATURAL TESTOSTERONE SUPPLEMENTS
If there has to be a way to increase testosterone without any side effects, it is natural testosterone supplements. Such supplements combine the power and therapeutic effects of various herbs that have been used since thousands of year to boost both testosterone and male sexual function across the world.
Tribulus Terrestris is one such herb that can actually increase T-levels. Though it does not increase testosterone production itself, it helps stimulate the pituitary gland so that it can produce more of Lutenizing Hormone (LH). This is highly significant since LH helps increase the production of testosterone by the testes. Another herb that is highly effective and can increase one’s T-levels is Tongat Ali found in Malaysia. Many bodybuilders use Tribulus and Tongat Ali supplement to boost their testosterone levels and ensure increased muscle growth.
Stress is a major deterrent when it comes to testosterone production. In fact, it is one of the most significant psychological or emotional factor that can result in decreased testosterone levels. Not only this, it is also likely to enhance the production of Cortisol hormone that inhibits testosterone production. However, the most significant advantage of using such supplements is that they do not have any side effects serving as the main reason for their popularity.
One popular supplement is Testarol, a natural testosterone supplement that helps to increase testosterone levels. It uses natural ingredients, such as Beta-ecdysterone and Tribulus Terrestris, to help enhance physical performance as well as to elevate testosterone levels. Another over-the-counter supplement is ZMA, a natural testosterone boosting supplement containing Zinc, Magnesium aspartate, Vitamin 86 and Mono methionine aspartate. This is not testosterone itself, but rather a combination of minerals and vitamins designed to increase the amount of hormones the body naturally produces.
Another natural supplement is Wild Yam Powder (Dioscorea Machro staycha) is a member of the Wild Yam family that contains steroidal sapogenins that are nearly identical to testosterone. Potency Wood (muira puama, lyriosma ovata) may be one of the most tested herbal ingredients.
Raising testosterone levels naturally
- Rather than using supplements or HRT, one may be able to raise testosterone levels naturally by eating foods high in protein, low in fat, and by exercising regularly. Losing weight can also help to raise hormone levels. In fact, studies have shown that being overweight can increase one’s chances of becoming testosterone depleted.
- Eating lots of fruits, vegetables and peanuts can also be beneficial. Exercise will naturally raise the levels of hormones especially when doing strength training exercises. Finally, it is important to limit alcohol consumption and get enough sleep.
- Talk to the doctor: Before trying any of these over-the-counter or herbal testosterone supplements, be sure to discuss this with your doctor. Even natural herbs and supplements can have side effects or cause an adverse reaction with other medicines one may be taking.
Typical symptoms of testosterone deficiency include depression, fatigue, low sex drive, irritability, loss of body/facial hair, thinning or wrinkling of the skin, weigh gain and weakening of both bone and muscle tissue. Eventually, low testosterone levels can lead to the development of more serious diseases as it disrupts your body’s blood sugar metabolism, which can lead to obesity and diabetes.
Hormone Replacement Therapy
It is possible to replace lost testosterone through Hormone Replacement Therapy. This is normally accomplished via testosterone injections, testosterone creams or use of testosterone patches. HRT has been used successfully by many men to increase their sex drive and muscle while decreasing fat, and improving energy levels. However, the prolonged use of HRT can increase the risk of hair loss, and destroy brain cells. It has also been shown that high doses of testosterone can increase sleep disturbances that raise the risk of heart disease.
TESTOSTERONE SUPPLEMENTS REVIEW
Most men begin losing testosterone after the age of 30 at about 1 to 1.5% a year. This adds up to a loss of 10-15% by the time you hit 40. As such, the effects of low testosterone are evident by the age of 40 and beyond.
Testosterone Supplement for Men
Testosterone supplements can be classified into two broad categories:
- Synthetic – These supplements contain synthetic testosterone. Though such supplements can increase your T-levels, they are infamous for side effects such as hair loss, acne, wild mood swings, they can also destroy one’s testes and the side effects can worsen when one stops having these supplements.
- Natural Supplements – These supplements are a far better option since they make the body more of its own testosterone. Not only do they ensure optimum testosterone production in the body but are also able to do so without any side effects. Such supplements combine various potent herbs and other natural ingredients to stimulate the production of testosterone in your body. Tribulus terrestris, tongat ali etc., are some of the best natural testosterone boosters. Not just this, l-arginine is also highly effective in making your body produce more testosterone. Other ingredients in such supplements include ginseng, ginkgo biloba, muira pauma, acai berry, DHEA, chaste berry etc.,
Such supplements can completely revitalize the body and lift one’s energy and mood levels, improve the muscle tone and reduce belly fat, improve cholesterol profile, boost libido and ensure erections as hard as a nail, improve mental concentration etc.
Andropause, or “male menopause,” is a common among men over the age of 40. Its symptoms include depression, sweating and hot flashing, fatigue, decreased sex drive, muscle and joint aches and mood swings. Andropause is caused by low testosterone levels in men. Testosterone levels are typically the highest and healthiest in young men between the ages of 20 and 25. As men grow older, testosterone levels gradually decline, causing andropause symptoms such as loss of muscle mass, mood swings and depression and decreased sexual function.
Testosterone supplements or testosterone replacement is used to treat andropause. Testosterone supplements are safe if administered correctly. Testosterone creams or gels and testosterone injections are common form of testosterone supplements for men. Testosterone supplements do not cause prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is linked to higher levels of certain hormones, such as estrogen, heredity and lifestyle. When testosterone is converted to estrogen, there is an increased risk of cancer. However, estrogen levels can be controlled with medication.
How Does Estrogen Impact Andropause?
High levels of estrogen contribute to the severity of andropause symptoms. High levels of estrogen may also contribute to an unhealthy prostate and heart. High estrogen is usually cause by body fat which contains an enzyme call aromatase that works to convert testosterone to estrogen. If you have high levels of estrogen, estrogen suppressants are available. Estrogen suppressants will decrease the chances of developing prostate cancer and help testosterone levels return to a healthy level. Testosterone levels are expected to decline with age, but men with testosterone levels below 700 mg/dl may experience the symptoms of andropause. If testosterone levels are below a healthy range, hormone replacement is suggested.