Whiter teeth can do wonders for your smile and appearance. Everyone desires to have a terrific smile. For a killer smile, one should have sparkling, bright, and shiny teeth. Only a few people are blessed with pearly white teeth, and our teeth, in general, become stained, as we grow older. ln addition to the discoloration caused by the build-up of surface stains acquired from using tobacco products and consuming certain foods or drinks, the average person’s teeth are natural shadesof light grayish-yellow, and naturally become darker with age. Teeth whitening methods give everyone a chance to enjoy bright smiles. Not all treatments are suitable for everyone, some treatments use bleach while others do not, and not everyone’s teeth are suited for bleaching. Teeth whitening is ideal for people who have healthy gums and teeth, with no fillings.
The peroxide is what actually bleaches your tooth enamel and makes your teeth whiter. The strength of the peroxide typically determines the strength of the whitening treatment. The percentages of peroxide currently found in teeth whitening products are 10%, 16% and 22%.Teeth with yellow tones respond best to whitening. Not all discolored teeth respond to bleaching treatments. For example, bleaching will not work for patients with root canal treatments, fillings, crowns and/or extremely dark stains on their front teeth. Only your dentist can tell you if yourteeth and gums are healthy enough. lf your dentist has determined that you are a candidate to have your teeth whitened, you will need to decide which teeth whitening method to go with.Your teeth-whitening options include teeth whitening toothpaste, over-the-counter whiteningstrips and gels, whitening rinses, tray-based tooth whiteners, and in-office whitening. Essentially, there are two different methods to get whiter teeth: (in-office) whitening, and home treatment.
Teeth whitening is a common cosmetic dentistry procedure used to lighten or whiten the shadeof the teeth. Every year, thousands if not millions of people combined, spend over S10 billion on cosmetic teeth whitening procedures. First, see your dentist to check your teeth for cavities and gum disease. Your dentist can also clean your teeth to remove any surface stains. Before you whiten your teeth, you should know some basic facts about teeth whitening:
- There is a wide range in strength of whitening gels. The strongest whitening gels are used by the dentist for in-office whitening procedures. The next strongest whitening gels are given to you by your dentist io be used at home. The weakest gels are bought over-the-counter.
- All teeth do not whiten the same. Yellow teeth typically whiten better than gray teeth. A person with yellow teeth would typically see more dramatic whitening results compared to a person with gray teeth.
- Very few if any whitening toothpaste actually can chemically whiten your teeth. ln fact, most if not all of the whitening toothpastes contain only mechanical abrasive products that help you scrub off surface stains when brushing.
- lf you have veneers, crowns or tooth-colored fillings and whiten your teeth, you may be disappointed after whitening, that your veneers, crowns, or fillings no longer match the color of your teeth. This is because the whitening gel does not affect the shade of your restorations. lf you need veneers, crowns, or fillings, ask your dentist if you can wait until after teeth whitening to do them. Otherwise, you may need to get them redone after your teeth are whitened.
- Whitening your teeth may cause tooth sensitivity or gum irritation. You should see your dentist to check for cavities, exposed roots, or gum disease to minimize problems after bleaching.
- ln order to have maximum effect on your teeth, the whitening gel must equally cover your teeth. Because everybody has different sizes and shapes of teeth, it may be difficult for the gel placed in a generic stock tray to equally cover your teeth, especially if your teeth are crooked. The whitening kits given by the dentist have a custom-made tray to hold the whitening gel evenly on all your teeth. ln addition, the whitening gel given by the dentist is stronger.
- After you get your teeth whitened, you will have to continually maintain your whitening results by periodically using whitening treatments at home. Otherwise, your teeth will slowly darken over time. Avoiding intensely colored beverages such as coffee, tea, wine, or orange juice can prolong the whitening results.
To achieve the best possible teeth whitening results every time, ensure to carry out the following:
- lmmediately before whitening, brush your teeth for two minutes with an oxygenating toothpaste combined with the finest natural polishing agents AND aloe vera to strengthen your gums and prevent any sensitivity. The whitening gel directly contacts your tooth enamel instead of dental plaque.
- Use form-fitting mouth trays that are fitted to your specific bite. Make sure they fit snugly around each tooth, and at all points they press firmly around the sides of your teeth and gums. The best home teeth whitening systems use a moldable tray system that contains mouthpieces which fits the mouth.
- You should use as strong teeth whitening gel as possible to ensure that the time your teeth are in contact with the whitening gel is well spent. Use a 21% carbamide peroxide concentrated teeth whitening gel that is formulated specifically to reduce the sensitivity to your teeth and gums. ln other words, avoid glycerin. This percentage of concentration also means a whiter result in a shorter period of time.
- lmmediately after your teeth whitening treatment, enhance the effect by using an oxygenating oral rinse. Remember, make sure not to use a mouthwash that contains alcohol, as this can actually chemically curtail the bleaching effect, not to mention it dries your mouth out.
TEETH WHITENING KlT
Teeth Whitening Trays
One type of kit for whitening teeth comes with a tray pre-filled with whitening solution. All you have to do is place the trays on the top and bottom teeth for a specified amount of time. The whitening solution brightens and whitens teeth. Many consumers find this whitening kit to be very effective, although individuals with sensitive gag reflexes may find them uncomfortable.
Teeth Whitening Strips
Whitening kits can come in the form of a strip. A whitening chemical is applied on the strips and they are placed on the top and bottom teeth. Strips are more comfortable than trays but they may not cover all areas of the teeth, such as the back teeth. They only whiten the areas that they touch and may not be able to whiten the areas between the teeth.
Teeth Whitening Gels
Some kits come with tubes containing whitening gel. The gel is brushed on the teeth and allowed to dry. Once it’s dry, the gel is removed. The gel works best when it dries completely on the teeth. This may be difficult because of saliva in the mouth. Although it is the quickest and possibly the most effective teeth whitening kit, youhave to make sure that you reach all areas of the teeth. Only the areas applied with gel will be whitened.
Choosing a teeth whitening kit depends on personal preference. One type of kit may give better results for one person than for another. As long as you realize that a kit can brighten your teeth by no more than 3 levels, you will be happy with the results. lf you want better results, you will have to seek dental treatment to whiten your teeth.
Whitening gel kits offer many benefits. The gel is brushed onto each tooth separately. This allows for the whitening gel to get between teeth and into cracks for maximum whitening appearance.However, the gel works best when dried on teeth. Therefore, the process of keeping saliva from wiping the gel away and holding your mouth for the gel to work can be awkward. The gel most often comes in a tube so you can determine the amount that you wish to use at each session.Whitening strips are typically a little more comfortable to use than the gels or trays. The stripsare thin and flexible and contain a whitening gel pre-pasted onto them. Kits come with strips tofit upper teeth and lower teeth. However, most strips only cover the front teeth that are in view. Most strips do not reach the back teeth. The areas whitened by strips are the areas that the stripstouch. Strips do not allow the gel to work between teeth and into cracks. Therefore, those areas may not be whitened. Some strips need to be removed and thrown away after the whitening time. Other strips dissolve in your mouth as they whiten your teeth.
Dissolvable strips are oftenconvenient for people with busy lifestyles. Whitening strips come prepared for the number ofsessions listed on the box. You do not determine the amount used as with gels in tubes.
Whitening trays are the kit that most seem to prefer. These trays are pre-filled with whitening gel and are held in the mouth during the whitening process. The gel is much more likely to reach between teeth and into cracks from a tray than from a strip. Trays offer the quickest results second to gels. Trays are not as particular about saliva interfering with the results as gels and strips. However, they are bulkier than the strips and may be considered more uncomfortable towear. people with very sensitive gag reflexes may have a harder time using whitening trays.
No matter which teeth whitening kit you choose, you will save money by completing the whitening session at home rather than at a dental office. Try different kits and see which one fitsyour lifestyle and dental habits.
Teeth-whitening at home is quite easy and can be done by anyone who can follow simple instructions. The results of the best teeth whitening kits are comparable to an in-surgery whitening treatment. They can greatly improve the appearance of the teeth and give us a confidence boost that goes hand in hand with a better perception of our self-image. Teeth-whiiening at home is performed through the use of special home teeth-whitening kits.
These kits emulate the process of the in-surgery process by following very similar steps. A kit will typically contain a whitening gel, mouth trays, and detailed instructions. The whitening gel is used to fill the mouth trays, which are then placed over, the teeth. The mouth trays essentially keep the gel into constant contact with the teeth. The whitening gel is usually based either on carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide. Safe Ievels, according to the FDA, are at 15% and 6% concentration respectively. Peroxide breaks down while in contact with the teeth and release soxygen moiecules that removes stains. The best teeth-whitening kits on the market usually come with a safe concentration level of their active substance, customizable mouth trays and a laser light to speed up the process.
BEST TEETH WHITENING
Choosing the best teeth whitening products will depend on the individual and their needs. Many individuals are concerned with whitening their teeth for a variety of reasons, such as for pictures being made, a new career, or just because they want to have whiter teeth. There are several whitening products and systems to choose from, such as gels, trays, rinses, strips, whitening toothpaste, and teeth bleaching products you may purchase from your dentist. Although many people are interested in making their teeth whiter, these products and systems are notrecommended for everyone, such as those individuals who have sensitive health or unhealthy teeth and gums. So, if you are interested in having your teeth brighter, it may be in your best interest to first consult a dentist before purchasing over-the-counter products or professionally having your teeth whitened in order to make sure your teeth and gums are healthy enough for a whitening procedure.
Due to teeth bleaching becoming more and more popular, there are several varieties of over thecounter teeth bleaching products and systems at local retail and drug stores available for purchase.
Some individuals may choose to have their teeth whitened professionally which takes less time than at-home whitening systems, but can be a lot more expensive. Professionals generally use light therapy in order to speed up the bleaching action of hydrogen peroxide. This can be done at a teeth whitening center that is supervised by a dentist or can be done in your dentist’s office. lt is the quickest, most successful and expensive way of having your teeth whitened.
DIY TEETH WHITENING
Because of DIY teeth whitening solutions, inundating the market is now doable to improve your smile at home as well as save yourself a highly-priced dental practitioner appointment. You may not need to bother with not having choices when they incorporate brightening strips, bleaching gels, teeth whitening toothpaste, teeth whitening rinses, bleaching pens, as well as lightening trays only to bring up only a few.
This key fact is a flourishing business due to fresh solutions increasingly being added each andevery day, you will probably never ever have to look very hard for a completely new DIY tooth bleaching item. The charges of these kinds of solutions pale compared to what you will possibly be paying if you decided to have your pearly whites whitened by a dental practitioner. With the majority of revenue invested in product progression, you are basically better off with doing it yourself teeth bleaching applications over certified whitening anyway.
First, you must know while using DIY teeth whitening that the first item you are trying perhaps might not deliver the results like you initially anticipated. Make your research(es), it’s less difficult. The most frequent type of Do-it-yourself whitener for newbies is the brush-on-type since that is certainly relatively simple to accomplish and not many mistakes are can be made. Whitening your pearly whites in your home is really a harmless practice if you’re able to abide by the instructional materials. ln order for your pearly whites to end up being there whitest, you need to completely clean them before using your Do-it-yourself teeth whitener. Spend a minimum of 10 minutes brushing your teeth adequately, use dental floss to remove any sort of buildup in and around your teeth, and employ a mouthwash as well.
Stained teeth are a source of discomfort, humiliation and social anxiety. The teeth and smile are the center of the face and often a big part of the first impression that people have of us. lf your teeth are yellow, you probably feel ashamed every time you meet someone new. You should not live like that. There are so many DIY teeth whitening products out there to try. They are simple, easy to use and usually pretty inexpensive. You deserve to feel good about yourself.